Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Post 2143 - I'll Live! OK!

I was back to work today.  Probably half a dozen people asked me how my eye was.  I am guessing the little mishap involving the shampoo rippled through the office with a speed that would make someone working for TMZ envious.

I'm fine.  The thing with the shampoo happened on Tuesday.  I was much better by the end of the day.  The Visine eye drops were helpful.  I am 100% better today, if a little sheepish that this happened to me in the first place.  Thank you for your concern.

I attended Toastmasters for the first time in a month this evening.  I missed several meetings due to several good reasons.  I missed the folks.

I have been in TM for nearly 21 years now.  Nobody from when I joined in 1991 is a member of the club anymore, and has been for years now. From time to time, I wonder why I have remained so long when I have seen a couple hundred people come and go.  It is hard to explain why.  I have times when my interest in TM waxes and other times when it wanes.  But almost without exception, I feel better after attending a meeting than I did before I got there.  It is as much a social thing as it is a professional development thing. I would have a chasm in my life, an empty void, if I did not have Toastmasters in  my life.

After that was over I picked up Patricia at her work where she had  been working late.  She was starving.  I could eat, as we say up here.  The pub we first went to didn't appeal to us, so we ended up at Salvatore's at the Hydrostone.  Salvatore's was originally in the South end.  I would go there from my apartment from time to time and get a very eclectic and good pizza.  Some 18 years ago, the business was sold to the present owner and they decided to move to the Hydrostone.  I had not been to Salvatore's since before the move all those years ago.

The pizza was excellent.  We ordered a ... Classic pizza, I think it's called.  We could choose the 3 toppings we wanted for it. I elected hamburger.  Patricia wanted portabello mushrooms.  We both  decided we wanted black olives.

We forced ourselves to stop eating after the second slice each. There is plenty left for lunch tomorrow.  The only thing we didn't like was that we had waited all these years to check out the "new" location. We promise to be back there soon.  We will eventually have every pizza in the joint.

So, it was a good day, pretty rich with incident.  Started off with people all concerned and thinking I had lost an eye or something,  Maybe I should have worn an eye patch when I arrived to work yesterday.  Hee hee.  It ended with a good TM meeting and an excellent meal at a pizza place we should have gone to many times over the years and didn't.

Tomorrow will not be as good a day.  At 9 o'clock I have a dental appointment.  I hate going to the dentist more than I hate... well, remember those fruit-flavoured potato chips of the 1970's?  Those disgusting things?  I'd rather eat a cardboard box containing multiple bags of that crap than go to the dentist.  But I have put off going for so long that I can't put it off any longer.  I'll tell you about that tomorrow.  Not that you care or anything.

See ye on the morrow.


No comments: