Friday, May 26, 2017

Post 3570 - Two Days Later

Once again, I must apologize for not writing on Thursday. My body pretty much shut down around 8:45. I was trying to play back the political roundtable when my eyes grew heavy. I will watch it over the weekend. I mean, I have pretty much decided how I'm gonna vote, but I still feel I should watch the thing.

I took Friday afternoon. Half a vacation day. Patricia and I hit the road. We had lunch at the Chicken Burger in Bedford. We go there a couple of times a year just to remind ourselves that we don't know what the fuss is about the place. 75 years of nostalgia, I think.

From there we went to the BFM thrift store, a short distance away. Every time you go in there, you check the whiteboard to see what that day's or week's specials are. Today it was stuff priced with a blue tag, excluding jewelry, 50% off. I found a couple books that would have been 75 cents, down to 38 cents. And, I found a computer monitor with a blue tag on it. Normally $9.95, half of that. With tax, it was $5.72. I hooked it up this evening and am typing this here blog post using that monitor. It is a bit dirty, so I have to put Windex or something on it, but other than that it is lovely. It is an Acer 19 inch monitor, widescreen. I think it is the very same model of monitor that crapped out here a few months ago. I'm pretty happy with the purchase. If I only get a year out of the monitor, then that will have been money very well spent. But I hope to get a few years out of this monitor!!

The monitor that was hooked up to this computer will go back in a closet for the day it is required again.

We went from there to the nearby Bedford Common shopping area. I went to Wal*Mart to get a couple shaving soaps. Drove over to the Winners. Patricia thought it was a lovely store compared to some of the other Winners stores around. I went to the Staples two doors up. I found a 19 inch Acer monitor there. I am surprised they still make them that small. It was $100.00. Man, I made out like a bandit.

We were getting tired by 4:30, but we decided to bop over to Dartmouth to Princess Auto. I got some batteries. Then we went to Dave's Fruit and Vegetable Market, if for no other reason than to see what the fuss was all about. Nice store, and good prices. Some of the produce was cheaper than was at the Gateway Meat Market, which we also visited. Sale on chicken legs. We got some.

We returned home and I cooked dinner. Found room in the fridge for the meat we bought. Came down here and hooked up this computer monitor and monkeyed around with the settings. And, now, after a very long day, I think I will turn in.

I plan to go to the Archives in the morning. We will see if I have the strength to get up comparatively early. Ha. Of course I don't.

See you tomorrow.


No comments: