Thursday, September 23, 2021

Post 4072 - Thursday Night Almost Friday Morning

Late. Nearly two am.

I did not write on Wednesday because we did a whirlwind trip to Pictou County and we got back late and we were tired. 

Patricia had to go to pick up a thingy she purchased from a woman on Marketplace. Something to do with wool. I don't understand what its purpose is so please do not ask.

From there, we went into River John to the library, where we chilled for a little while. We heard that the librarian would take your vaccination card that you can print from the Department of Health website, and laminate it for you at no cost. We still made a donation to the library for this excellent service. We both know have a lovely laminated card that indicates that we are double vaxxed. Yay.

We went to the cottage for a little while to check the place out. They're doing construction up the lane. Whether they're building permanent housing or those stupid short term rentals we do not know. We just know that some jackass was blocking the lane and we had to drive on the grass to get to our destination, and to leave. Super considerate guy, that.

We drove into Pictou and had dinner at the Marina Bar and Grill along the waterfront. I don't know if it is my imagination, or I am becoming ever tighter with money, or what it is; I just know that restaurant food is not the quality, or quantity, it once was. I had two fish cakes with baked beans and a dollop of chow for nearly $15. The fish cakes were bland. Patricia had two tasteless fish tacos with fries that were not worth the money either. The cheesecake we had for dessert was acceptable. The bill with tax and gratuity was about $70, and I can think of better things to do with that kind of money. I could have made better fish cakes. Fish tacos are not a difficult thing to prepare, either; and it would not have killed them to put some seasoning in the mix. 

We filled up the gas tank and drove home, arriving here around 8:30. We turned in after we played back the news announcing that Steve Murphy was going to retire at the end of November. 

Today, I applied a second coat of stain to half the back deck, and began to stain the side of the privacy panel that faces our neighbours. The deck cost me quite a bit of money and I want to make sure it lasts for a long time, even if we are not living here to enjoy it. Not trying to start a rumour. We are not moving any time soon. Just sayin' that we would not say no to a place that has the amenities we both want. 

In a few days, after I am confident that the stain has dried, I will move the barbecue back to its proper location on the deck, and apply the second coat of stain to the area where the barbecue has been resting for the last 10 days or so. The whole deck will have had two coats of stain. I'll also stain the other part of the privacy panel facing the neighbours. There should be just enough stain to complete this task. 

We are not sure what is on tap on Friday. Late this evening, Patricia sprang the possibility of a road trip early on Friday morning. I will likely just stay here for the day. Long story.

After two in the morning. Think I will load up my CPAP with distilled water and turn in.

See you tomorrow.




No comments: